Sunday, August 28, 2011

Brioche

On Saturday night, my brother and I had plans to watch soccer together. We're both big Real Salt Lake fans and we alternate between each other's houses when we watch the game. I like to bring something with me when I go (although I'm lazy and I don't always get something made), so yesterday afternoon I got out some cookbooks and started thinking about something to make. A commenter at Jezebel  recently alerted me to the existence of pound cake cupcakes. I really wanted to make them but it was 7:00 and I was supposed to leave by 8:30 so I figured I might not have time. With new recipes I like to read the recipe several times and it still takes me longer the first time.  So I pulled out a brownie mix to take to my brother's. It did the job, though it wasn't great.

But. 

While I was looking for a pound cake recipe, I came across a recipe for chocolate chip and raisin brioche.  I have a brioche tray that I've been dying to use, so I resolved to make them for breakfast on Sunday morning. 

They turned out well, although not as moist as I'd have liked. Next time I'll bake them 2 or three minutes less. 

I adapted the recipe from 500 Cupcakes, by Fergal Connolly. 

Total cost: about $3, most of which was the chocolate chips and raisins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment